Purpose of the Job:
To provide a systems engineering framework to capture customer requirements and cascade them into Engineering Design and Test.
The Senior Systems Engineer will have excellent people skills, taking a pivotal communication and coordination role between the various technical and commercial teams. With a flair for structuring information and an attention to detail, they will have a strong delivery focus, using systems engineering tools to ensure designs meet requirements and to minimise risk.
- Working with customers and the commercial team to capture and document requirements and the Voice of the Customer (VOC).
- Engage with discipline leads, senior engineers and project management to manage requirements, interfaces and V&V, and provide support to technical leads with systems engineering documentation and periodic review presentations (eg SRR, PDR, CDR etc).
- Ensure systems engineering processes are implemented and maintained in accordance with organisational needs.
- Set up and maintain systems/requirements databases and models.
- Deliver the requirements management activity through use of a requirements management tool (ie Cognition Cockpit), implementing and managing requirements traceability throughout the development lifecycle.
- Verify and Validate that the systems/sub-systems designed, developed and implemented meet the specified requirements within the agreed technical, quality, cost and schedule requirements.
- Work with Project stakeholders, other engineering disciplines and internal departments to ensure requests are responded to in timely and professional manner.
- Compile the necessary plans (ie Requirements Management Plan, V&V Plan) that support the requirements and V&V activities throughout the Project lifecycle.
- Review of Project Test plans and Test procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Masters/Bachelor Degree in Science/Engineering related subject; ideally Chartered Engineer.
- Proven full lifecycle experience of at least one major technical field (preferably mechanical or thermo fluids).
- Confident systems thinker with sound appreciation of best practice in systems engineering.
- Quick learner of domain knowledge and terminology.
Confident practitioner including
o Requirements management (including editing, elicitation, conflict resolution, traceability, hierarchies, voice of customer and verbal analysis).
o Systems architecture/interface modelling.
o User of requirements management tools, architecture modelling tools and/or model-based systems engineering tools.
o Behavioural/Operational concept/RAMS modelling.
o Safety Analysis Techniques (HAZID, HAZOP, FMEA, FTA, GSN).
o Systems Integration and Test.
o Cost Engineering and through life cost modelling.
Written and spoken English including advanced verbal reasoning and presentations.
Guiding and mentoring others to deliver work.
- Engagement and liaison with both external and internal clients.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE