Purpose of the Job:
Lead Engineer for the development of Ceres Power’s fuel cell systems, electrical and electronic systems, including wiring loom, communication bus and power electronics.
- System integration of electrical and electronic components of fuel cell products.
- Design and optimisation of multiple fuel cell stack system power connections.
- Wiring loom design, procurement and validation testing.
- Integration and performance testing of electrical/electronic systems including electrical sensors and actuators.
- Liaise with suppliers and procurement to find new solutions.
- Define a verification plan for each sub-system.
- Communications bus specifications.
- External electrical interface design.
- System design for EMC, LVD and RoHS and ultimately safety certification of the product.
- Define QC and test methods to support volume production of further units.
- Planning, scheduling and costing.
- Prototyping and roll out of technical solutions.
- Remote and in-field support of trial units.
- Fault diagnostics and problem solving.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- BSc/MSc or BEng/MEng level in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 5 years’ systems experience.
- Strong track record in electrical and electronic system integration.
- Knowledge of EMC and LVD requirements and test procedures.
- Good understanding of sensors, actuators and physical systems.
- Practical hands on experience of troubleshooting electronics and instrumentation.
- Sound understanding of wiring diagrams and PCB schematics.
- Experience of development test and interpretation of results, with understanding of measurement techniques, data acquisition and analysis.
- Collaboration with global suppliers to develop system components (power electronics, actuators, I/O).
- Use of FMEAs to track and communicate project risk.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE