Purpose of the Job:
With “cradle to grave” responsibility for procurement within new customer and internal programmes, interpret and communicate technical specifications from Design Engineers to suppliers. Ensure suppliers are selected and developed to meet all material delivery milestones.
- Interpret and communicate complex technical specifications provided by the Engineering team into clear RFI and RFQ packs.
- Represent the Purchasing Department in cross functional teams which drive through new project introductions to strict time and cost constraints.
- Prepare and publish purchasing Bills of Materials and maintain and develop these through the life of the project.
- Identify potential partners, launch RFQs, and negotiate terms and conditions with vendors with the objective to beat target price (this calls for a deep understanding of technical requirements).
- Work with the Supplier Development Engineers to track supplier PPAPs to ensure 100% on time delivery and perfect quality for project delivery.
- Resolve quality and delivery issues for bought-in components.
- Provide input (with justification) to forecast spend and variations for projects under management.
- Administer monthly reports ensuring completion, accuracy and publication in a timely manner.
- In collaboration with the Engineering Department, ensure a cost-effective design via concurrent engagement with potential supply base.
- Propose sourcing options for decisions; guide and influence engineering component selections; and ensure all purchased parts are nominated and approved for source in time to meet project builds.
- Ensure correct production capacity and tools are implemented by vendors.
- Support the Quality team in the approval of parts and production.
- Maintain purchase database and ensure data accuracy in the system; contribute to the development and implementation of new processes and procedures; assist with department performance reporting; and assist with other procurement activities as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- BSc Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in automotive or manufacturing environment.
- Proven track record in managing project procurement on successful new (technical) product launches.
- Effective interpersonal, written communication, analytical, presentation and negotiation skills cross- functionally and with external customers and suppliers.
- Ability to meet strict financial and time targets.
- Highly motivated, positive, and flexible (to work proactively and effectively in a fast- paced start-up company).
NO AGENCIES PLEASE